Monday, May 20, 2013

Days 10-7 Final countdown!!

     Last week we continued our countdown of school while continuing to work hard along with having fun.  With 10 days left the kids got to bring in a snack of their choice to eat. Usually I am pretty firm about what they can bring in- I believe in eating whole, clean foods and I try to teach my students about healthy eating.  With that  being said sometimes you just need to be able to also enjoy the "junk" in moderation of course.  We did go and burn off some of the junk the next day with an extra recess. We were able to challenge our kindergarten friends in a kickball tourney- girls vs boys.  I love to see my students interact with our little friends. As tough as they all act in the classroom, they are so sweet and nuturing to the little ones.
     Thursday we had a mystery guest reader!  It was Mrs. Kazmierck, the principal at our middle school. She came and shared her most favorite book- Where The Wild Things Are .  The kids were really excited to see her enthusiasm for the book.


   
We also got to support our 4th grade friends in the classroom during their recorder performance!


No comments:

Post a Comment