Sunday, July 21, 2013

A little decorating!!



Now is the time that I am starting to get thinking about my classroom.  I have seen so many cute themes and ideas out there- that I thought hey why not. New building, new classroom, why not try something new. I wanted to go all Alice in Wonderland but then I thought maybe a room that shows off my favorite books would be cool too.  Then it comes in to color scheme?? Ah it is not so easy to pull a room together.
Here is what I am starting with... I found some cool things on Etsy for the Alice in Wonderland theme.

I got these for above the window
Alice in Wonderland Giant Cards - Girls Birthday Decoration - DIY PRINTABLE FILES by Sassaby



and this cool print

Alice in wonderland decorations nursery print on an vintage french dictionary page, dictionary book print for your wall (361)

and then there was this jem I snagged up

Decorative Alice in Wonderland Keep Calm and Carry On Inspired Digital INSTANT Download for Printing 8.5 x 11

and finally these to hang either above the library or some other cozy nook  I ordered sapphire, dandelion, and scarlet.

Party Decor--5 Solid Color Tissue Paper Poms (2L,2M,1S)--Over 50 COLOR CHOICES--Birthdays, Graduations, Weddings, Showers

So after all this I am guessing that my color scheme will be red, yellows, and blues.  We'll see how it goes- the walls are a deeper blue and the bulletin boards are an orange color.  

Another awesome score were these at Lowes- free and that is my favorite type of decor.  Paint samples can be quite useful.  I will use these as locker tags and also on their plastic storage units for their supplies.  It's not a great picture I was just so excited to get them I snapped in a hurry.   You'll see them in the future once I get them in their proper place.  

As for the hugest undertaking I have purchased these library labels online. I don't really know why I did, I could have made them and after looking at them I will have to make more anyway- but I am so overwhelmed by the books that I accrued.  No joke I went from probably 400 books to pry almost 2000.  That is A LOT of books.  It takes up a whole wall in my room- I will be taking a couple days to sort through them and see if I can do some arranging to create a more inviting reading area. I will be sure to post some pictures as I do.  

No comments:

Post a Comment