Thursday, January 30, 2014

Day 2 of Close Reading

On this day we went back to our article from Newsela and explored the next few steps in close reading.  After reviewing what they wrote yesterday during their reflection of the article, they once again read the article, but this time with a specific focus.  I wanted them to read the article and find evidence that proves that this is an important piece of technology.  The goal of close reading is to really get kids to read and understand what is happening in the text.  Read like investigators and write like reporters!  This is a valuable skill to learn as we will be moving forward with research, it will help them read with a question in mind and find information that meets their purpose.  

I can't find the original source for the anchor chart- but I got it from Pinterest- if you know the owner please let me know so I may give them credit.  



No comments:

Post a Comment