Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Day 6 & 7

I feel that these two components go together.  A good mentor and an inspirational colleague are one in the same for me.  I had a teacher that I worked with for many years, we had actually gone to high school together so it was great when were teaching at the same building.  I always knew her to be a compassionate person, but her love for those children we taught knew no bounds.  She spent a lot of time and money on those children. Go above and beyond what one would expect of a classroom teacher.  She took them shopping, got them haircuts, and went to their sporting events or activities.  These children came from very broken homes and many were needing more than most could provide- but she found a way into their lives and into their hearts. 
She was and is someone whom I admire. I would love to be able to have that kind of influence on a child.  She taught me that being a teacher is not something that can be learned at a college, but comes from the time spent with children talking and learning with them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment