Friday, November 21, 2014

Buddying Up to Teach Relationships

      I look forward to our little buddies each week. We have partnered up with our kindergarten friends again this year.  Mrs. P and I have taught together now for 11 years. She is one of the most creative and amazing teachers I have had the privileged to work with.   My children  look forward to it each week and get very bummed when we have to reschedule.  Working with our  buddies has really developed in my kids some seriously caring children.  Just the other day one of my  guys saw his little buddy crying in lunch and went right over and asked him what was going on and just welcomed him into his group of friends.  These relationships that have developed create that culture of caring and compassion that is so desperately needed within a school community.  Just the other day a little guy in Mrs. P's room came up and whispered in my ear that he had a crush on one of my girls. Now, that's not what I mean by relationship, but it was completely adorable none the less!
Modeling Reading Behaviors 

A Little Pumpkin Math

Apple Pickin' Time 

                                                         Goin' Bananas for Fruit

No comments:

Post a Comment